This month, I had the opportunity to tour an updated Kids Ministry Space in our area at FBC Loganville. (If you are a Kids Minister like me, you enjoy viewing the Kids Ministry spaces at other churches to get great tips/ideas for the space at your church.) While touring the space, I noticed 5 quick and easy improvements that can be used in the Kids Ministry Space at any church.
- Use glass dry erase boards from IKEA in the hallway outside of your classrooms for announcements. You can use colored dry erase markers on these boards for a colorful, but clean, simple look. Share information with parents about upcoming activities or snacks you will be serving including any food allergy alerts.
- Use easy to change snap frames for your classroom signs in the hallway. Does your church multi-use space (Sunday mornings, Wednesday night activities, and weekday preschool classes or homeschool groups that use your church during the week?) This is an easy, no hassle way to change out the classroom signs and keep your signage up to date. Just snap open the top and bottom to change out your sign!
- Hang Bible Verse artwork in your halls. I love how it plants seeds of scripture in the lives of our Kids and families and is one of the first things to greet them as they enter our Kids Ministry areas. FBC Loganville hung this artwork in their check-in area. (I like that they made a separate area on the left where 1st time visitors can fill out paperwork away from the flow of the regular families checking in each week.)
- Use easy to change sign holders for your classroom notices. These snap open on all sides and would be great to use for class schedules, fire drill/evacuation information, or other important notices. They have 4 sides that snap open to easily change out your class information.
- Use large poster frames in your hallway. These frames can hold posters from what you are studying this month in Sunday school, large poster prints of Kids Ministry activities or pictures of kids in your ministry. With the easy snap open sides, it makes changing the large prints on a monthly or quarterly basis much easier.
A big thank you to Keith Wages, Families Ministry Pastor, at FBC Loganville for sharing the links where they purchased the glass dry erase board and frames!